From: Kim Flint [mailto:kflint@loopers-delight.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 2:19 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: new to list- repeater question

Evan-
I think the original question was about the Repeater having a bump with
sustained notes over the loop boundary, not the RC-20. I haven't tried
this
in a while with the Repeater but I do remember hearing such a problem with
it. (did they fix that with the upgrade? I can't remember...)  As I
remembered it, you would get it even after the initial loop record, when
just overdubbing through the startpoint of the loop.

I don't know how the RC-20 handles these loop boundary cases. The
technique
you describe below might minimize it some, but it definitely wouldn't fix
such a problem. They really have to do something in hardware/software
specifically for this loop boundary case to avoid it. (zero-crossing,
cross-fading, etc.) I would be interested to know if the rc-20 actually
does do anything like that, can anybody tell? Also, in the RC-20, is it
possible to go directly from recording the initial loop to overdubbing on
top of it?

kim