RE: new to list- repeater question

the only bumps that you could be encountering (which
i've seen people questioning concerning the repeater
and other loop devices) are those of your own foot
stomping.  here's a test for you to try to see if you
still get the bumps...play a single note and let it
ring out...while it is ringing, step on the switch to
record your loop...then, while it is still ringing,
press the switch that starts looping the loop...if you
hear a bump, then it could just be that your rc-20 is
messed up or the rc-20's in general are messed up

what you should hear after creating that loop is just
a single note droning in the background, looping, but
not altering its sound in any way...let the note ring
a bit before starting to record the loop so that you
won't have a bump due to volume levels as your
sustained note dies out.  i would try this creating a
second or two long loop and then again perhaps with
one a bit longer...post your results to the list or at
least send them to me as i'm curious with what result
you'll have.  when i was playing with an rc-20 my only
complaints were the lack of syncability and tempo
change and other key features...but i never
experienced any problems with bumps in the recording,
but have experienced bumps in loop creation by
starting or ending the loops at the wrong time.  like
i said, it comes with practice.

hope that helps,
e va n|s sa b
evanmeyers@yahoo.com