Re: Can you keep private emails off the list? (was Re: video received)

> OK, that's enough.  Does it seem like maybe a
> mistake to talk to an
> individule by posting to a group list?

normally, i would probably say that answer a would
apply to everyone on this list because sure, there are
several discussions that mean absolutely nothing to me
and others...but those discussions are happily and
quickly deleted.  most things on this list though are
relevant and helpful to both posters and lurkers.
however, general comments directed at one person about
nothing that the list is about should be sent
privately (ie. requests for someone to call someone or
about not receiving a cd that was promised)...but any
general interest things and even some non-general
interest things can be of great help to those of us on
this list looking to expand our knowledge base about
this cutting edge gear and music.  just remember, if
you post it, they will read...or at least someone
will...

for those who get upset by the volume that this list
can create in your mailbox, create a filter (band pass
works great for this!) for emails...isn't hard to do
and then you can easily sift through list stuff,
removing unimportant topice (to you) without having
your regular mail flooded with loopy spam.