Looper vs. Delay?( was: Re: what do loopers do when they're not looping?)

"Emile Tobenfeld (a.k.a Dr. T)" wrote:

> In terms of gear, I'm more drawn to echo than to loop and capture
>devices.
> --

That's interesting that you make that distinction.  I'd say I probably have
my feedback set to 75% or less about 75% of the time, acutally using the
Repeater as a very long digital delay synched via MIDI.  Taking the
Repeater
out of record stops the decay of the loop, so those are the times I'll
divide
between soloing over the loop and mangling the loop with a Vortex or AirFX.

Mark Sottilaro