Re: Boss RC-20

Actually reverse is one of the few functions that doesn't
require stopping the loop and writing it to memory.

What I have found is that recording the first loop in reverse
doesn't work.  The initial loop has to be forward, then the
overdubs can be reverse and it is easy(if you've got good
toe control(this is why I wear sandals!)) to switch between
the two.

I'm having some fun finding instrustruments which sound
interesting backwards and the big winner is the ting-cha.
This is a Tibetan chime, two heavy disks connected with a cord.
The sound is an instantaneous note with very long sustain,
so in reverse you hear a normal ringing which very suddenly
stops.

Yours in rhythm,
Steve

PS:  Hey inventors!  Foot switches(pedals) are so done.  How
about a toe board?

I demo'd the RC-20 at Sam Ash, and while it
seemed interesting, it does have numerous
shortcomings, ie you don't seem to be able to
change speed, and as far as I can tell, you can't
go into reverse mode without first stopping the
loop (maybe you need the footswitch to do it on
the fly while the loop is still running).