Then and Now

Hi everyone-
  A few days ago, Matthias fowarded me a message he found while cleaning
out
his email account.  It was my first post to LD two years ago.  I found it
really neat, as I had nearly completely forgotten about it.  I thought it
would be fun to start a "first post" thread.  So go search the archives
for
your first post, and let us all see it!

Then:  see below

Now:  I've got an 8u rack with an EDP, Repeater, FilterFact, and Mofx.  I
use a mackie 1402 and several mics around my drum kit.  I loop drums and
percussion live.  My ulitmate goal (below) is not yet realized, but I
still
think about it!  I've been really thankful for this community, both for
the
great advise to another "what should I buy" poster, the patience, the
incredible amount of musical and creative support, and for the great
friends
I now have as a direct result of joining the list.  This'll be the first
thread I intentionally start - lets see if it takes off...

Jon