RE: O.T. Computers

If you want to use it for all things musical, here are some highlights to
look for in your future "Hog":

If you're doing digital recording, editing, you'll want a hefty amount of
processor power, what's hefty? anything over 1GHz.

1GHz of RAM should cost you around 75-100 bucks, a mere pittance these
days,
so load it up with RAM, you can never be too thin or have too much RAM.

You'll also want a fast disk, preferrably SCSI 10,000RPM disks, this will
allow you fast reads and writes to all of that good musical data.

CDR is a must.

Go stripped down  on the applications that it comes with, get an OS, the
rest you can either download, pirate or purchase.  A lot of times
manufacturers (like compaq) load these machines with 100's of funky
applications that sound neat on the showroom floor, but you'll never use
"Ultra-Low-Fat-Magic-Colored-Disco-Roap-Map-Maker, with the iron-on T-shirt
printable sheets!"

Make sure that your computer case has slots available for expansion of
devices, such as adding a sound card or i/o board, etc.

Just think about what your system may look like in 2 years, and if you'll
be
able to attain that with your current plan for a box.

Good luck,