Re: New to list, with a couple of tired old questions

> My main use is for a home studio, with occasional
> venturing out to a small
> bar or coffeeshop.

it really depends on what kind of looping you are
looking to do.  i am by no means an expert in this,
but about a month ago i made my final decission on a
repeater after looking pretty closely at each...the
deciding factor for me was the separate tracks to loop
on...this allows me to loop a groove and then on an
independant track, throw a loop on top, and then
remove the initial track and play with my second loop
still going...i also find it very useful in creating
ideas because with the multiple tracks, you can easily
loop other instruments into your loop without having
to lose anything from your original loop...because all
of the tracks are independant of each other...

these machines all vary by a few key features like
that and depending on what exactly you are looking to
do with a looper...you may be able to get off easy and
purchase one of the low end loopers, but damn are the
expensive ones some great little toys!

hope that helps...