RE: Key equipment (was: Fantasy Patching Exercise #1)

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Reid, Benjamin wrote:

> While we are on topic of Moog stuff:
>
> Anyone ever use their Control Processor for CV? Looks super cool but it's
> not cheap...
>
> Ben

Yes, I have it as well. It's as super cool as you think it is. You can use
it with an expression pedal to control 3 different CV parameters on the
other moogerfoogers. So you only need 1 pedal + the CP + 3 cables instead
of an expression pedal for each of the three moogerfooger pedals. Ok, so
that's more expensive than three BB expression pedals, but it takes up
less space on the floor. It's also great if you want an extra LFO (rate
controllable by a exp. pedal) for any given parameter. I haven't used the
CV mixder for anything, but the lag processor is great for smoothing out
changes on either or both the rise & fall. The sample&hold is classic.

best,
Steve Burnett
burnett@pobox.com