RE: 3/30: open loop open loop open loop open loop

Bill,

the security at an airport is subject to what the company operating this
specific airport and the jurisdiction of the country the airport is in see
as appropriate. So the reason for what you encountered (flights from the US
are checked only basically while flights from Europe, especially Belgium or
Germany for obvious (mainly historic) reasons get a much better check) is
simply the fact that neither the US government nor the US airport companies
think it is worth the time and money to do a security check which makes
sense. And hey, there are no real priceless cultural artifacts in the
States
anyway - if someone crashes a plane into the World Trade Center, you still
have the Sears Tower and the Chrysler Building - besides, you can rebuild
it
from scratch. If someone crashes a plane into the Hofbräuhaus -> BIG
PROBLEM!

:-)

        Rainer

Rainer Straschill