Re: digital signals and cables (was Re: Cable my Ass)

--- Tom Ritchford <tom@swirly.com> wrote:

> HOWEVER, much to my surprise we were able to detect
> a significant difference when we used "regular" RCA
> cables to transmit digital audio.

That's probably because digital transfer cables are a
different impedence then analog audio cables. S/PDIF
cables are supposed to be 75 ohm, so by using the
wrong cable, you probably got enough additional jitter
 to make audible artifacts on playback.

Do You Yahoo!?