Re: DL4 problem

At 11:25 AM 3/21/02, you wrote:
Hi Tom!
Here's some stupid suggestions 'cause you've probably already thought of
these, but anyway...

Hi Dennis!

Don't count on it, I'm just a dumb tuba player.

What happens when you try a different Mackie channel?

Same thing, and I'm back to that weird (split, actually) tone - even on the new 1202 VLZ PRO I just came back from the store with...at least with the Hosa insert (send/return cables ARE synonymous with insert cables, right?) cable.  Funny thing, I don't get that tone with the Monster version (I'm probably repeating myself here), but no sound or levels to other effects running through sends & returns.

Before leaving for the store, I suddenly was able to loop with either of the two DL4s, no buzz/tone - sound of the loops were very faint though.  I decided it must be the mixer.

What happens when you patch the DL-4 into/out-of aux or effect send/returns
instead of using the insert?

I think I tried this yesterday, but let's give it a go...same thing - it's a perfect fifth, E-B.

What happens when you substitute another unit (non DL-4) for the DL-4?  (You
could even use a plain wire.)

None of the other units cause this to happen

I suspect a fault in the mixer since you've changed everything else.

So did I until I brought this new one home...and apart from being completely un-adept at the EDP, I thought (a week ago) that this was a positive occurrence, so as to wean me from my 'training wheels' (the DL4), but when I've been able to loop to any degree whatsoever with the EDP, I invariably hit a point where - THWACK!! - EVERYthing is in the red.

Any other takers?

Dennis Leas