Re: Looking for DJ/Electronic device person (SF area)

Mark,

I saw your note about your upcoming performance and your interest in
collaborating. Have fun with the show. I have been working up a performance
to fit nicely with the setup you describe. I don't know that I am ready to
play two shows this weekend but I would like to check you out and prepare
something that might work together. At the least, I would like to support
and encourage your efforts. I play turntables with a DJM-600 beat sampling
+
effects mixer and I trigger samples from a Roland S-760 with a mirage.

Lately, I have been getting into using Max/MSP and outboard effects to
process the sound in real time performance.

On the road I have tried to simplify things. I could even dj from a
minidisk
player or single turntable connected to a casio little radio with balance
and tone control.

I also play drums and percussion with my DW drum set when needed and am
knowledgeable about midi and computer crap.

I'll check you out this weekend and perhaps we can setup a time to try
something appropriate together.

Good luck,

Paul