From: Tom Heasley
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 2:09 PM
Subject: DL4 problem

Maybe someone has an idea about this...I've had the DL4 running
problem-free
for going on two years now.  Always connected the same way - Hosa insert
patch cable (1) connected from the L input/L output to the channel 1 (same
channel as my clip-on mic) insert on my Mackie 1202.  Recently, I was
getting a tone (registering as a high D# on my tuner) generated thru the
system, which I was able to trace to the DL4.  I put in an different Hosa
cable and the sound got slightly louder.  I have a performance this Friday,
so I went and bought another DL4, adapter and a Monster patch cable - same
thing, except that now - regardless of which unit or cable - tone
generation
seems to be intermittent (?...), but putting an insert in the Mackie jack
'deadens' the mixer - no levels on my effects with it plugged in exactly
where it has always been.  Anyone have any idea?

Tom Heasley

Tom Heasley
Composer/Tubist
427 Alma St., Suite 206         Palo Alto, CA  94301
P:  650.322.3633                F:  419.831.3809
http://www.hypnos.com/heasley
http://bayimproviser.com/TomHeasley
www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi
http://kalvos.org/heasley.html