Re: GIGSPAM: more on my d-cell performance: 3/11: kcrw.org

Man, sounds like a terrific lineup! I've been a fan of Berne's for
years, ever since the "Fulton Street Maul" lp slipped out on
Columbia, and Torn and Berne together is almost unbelievable. Any
plans to record this group "officially"?

>folks.
>some further info:
>i didn't wanna play by myself, on this Morning Becomes Eclectic
>radio/internet show, 3/11; i've enlisted some friends for the
>live-performance morning.
>we'll see what happens,
>dt / splattercell
>
>info:
>on kcrw-radio, and kcrw.org
>morning becomes eclectic
>monday 3/11, 11:15-12:00 noon, PST (2:15-3:00pm, EST)
>w/host nic harcourt
>
>we'll be:
>
>d-cell, including:
>me
>some info at splattercell.com
>
>tim berne: alto saxy-beast
>composer. pan-idiomatic legend. hardcore genius. the real deal. record
>company raconteur.
>screwgunrecords.com
>
>ben perowsky: drummy things:
>Ben Perowsky, born and raised in New  York City, has
>become one of the most sought after drummers in Manhattan. Through his
>late teens and early 20's, Ben performed and/or recorded with legends
>James Moody,  Rickie Lee Jones, and Roy Ayers. Since then he has been
>fortunate to work with an extremely creative and diverse roster of
>musicians. Some of these include: John Zorn, steeley dan's Walter
>Becker, jazz guitarist John Scofield, velvet underground's John Cale,
>John Lurie's Lounge Lizards, winter and winter recording artist Uri
>Caine, award winning trumpeter Dave Douglas, and afro pop sensation
>Salif Keita.
>Closest to his heart are these days are the bands which he is an
>integral part of, including, Elysian Fields (www.elysianmusic.com), and
>Liminal (www.goodandevil.net). Ben currently leads the new band
>"Moodswing orchestra" featuring dj Olive and Steven Bernstein. Also a
>bebop record made with his father, saxophonist Frank Perowsky will be
>released later this year. all available at the website
>www.perowsky.com
>

>fima ephron: upright bass-machine:
>Born in London, England, Fima moved to New York at the age of three, and
>started playing bass at age thirteen. He attended Music and Art High
>School,
>and was playing professionally by age fourteen.
>Some of the many artists that he has worked with include Screaming
>Headless
>Torsos; Lost Tribe; Walter Becker; Splattercell aka David Torn; Gil Scott
>Heron; Natalie Merchant; Meshell N'degeocello; Hasidic New Wave; David
>Fiuczynski/John Medeski's 'Lunar Crush'; Dreamtime; Yeoffi; Jeb Loi
>Nichols;
>Franklyn Kiermyer; Jacky Byard; Rise Robots Rise; John Zorn; Brad Shepik;
>Kurt Rosenwinkle; Ben Monder; Current Events; The Flying Bulgar Klezmer
>Band
>and numerous other artists.
>Fima has just released a solo record titled Soul Machine for the Tzadik
>label. He lives with his wife Sara and son Jordan in the Woodstock, NY
> [...]

Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org
                 Now Available: Minus: Dark Lit
"This is music all-consuming in its beauty and power"
                                -Jake TenPas OSU Daily Barometer