Re: Andre's duet CD???

Good grief, what a bachannalian email orgy we've had the last few days...

Here's the deal on the duet "CD," such as it is.  Since mid-January,
I've been playing in an duo with Eric Oberthaler, a
multi-instrumentalist who uses an EDP.  We've been exploring various
combinations of EDP use, instrument pairing, etc. and recording our work
live to DAT.

We compiled the best bits from our first four sessions together for a
CD-R which we handed out to some folks at Loopstock.  Like my December
2001 solo recordings, the duets disc is intended first and foremost as a
way of documenting and disseminating the work we've been doing.

I honestly don't know exactly how the duet material will be made
available in general.  I do know that we're planning on putting at least
some of those tracks on the web.  Eric and I need to sit down and figure
out what to do with the recordings we already have; there's a
possibility we'll make them available as CD-Rs at gigs and/or online.
And I plan to offer the December recordings as part of my custom-burned
CD-R thing (which may actually see the light of day some time this
decade).

Rest assured that I'll spam the list into oblivion once these things
materialize in any concrete form.  Right now, however, the only CD I
have available for sale is Disruption Theory.

To whet your appetite, though, here are some links to give you an intro
to Eric and his work:

http://www.soundsliketree.com (his homepage)

http://www.soundsliketree.com/files/hot.html (some short but very
substantial mp3s of his own music - check the first one in particular)

Big thanks to those who have listened to the stuff and posted their
feedback; very gratifying indeed.  There are at least one or two things
Eric and I have done that's some of my favorite stuff I've been
personally involved with in a long time, so I'm sure it'll see the light
of day in some form or another.

Awreet...

--Andre LaFosse
http://www.altruistmusic.com