Re: A Post Loopstock Debriefing

>in an effort to all learn who we are (especially
>new-comers to the list like myself)...

Until last November, I was designing CD-Roms and web sites that
accompanied college-level Computer Science texts for a huge (and
ultimately evil) publisher from the East Coast who will remain
nameless.  I've been surviving since then working a couple days a
week at a used record store, and doing quite a bit of
engineering/production work either here at my home studio or at a
couple of local studios. I just finished doing a demo for a very fine
Tool/Incubus-inspired rock band, last month I mastered a avant-garde
jazz sax/bass/drums trio, and tomorrow I start producing a CD for a
local punkish/alt-rock songwriter. I've been rather pleased to find
that there actually is work in this area doing something I love and
already have a lot of the gear to do. I am still looking for another
more stable day gig, but enjoying this while it lasts. I'm also
gigging a lot, playing bass with an avant funk band 5-10 shows a
month(!) in addition to occasional Minus gigs.
Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org
                 Now Available: Minus: Dark Lit
"This is music all-consuming in its beauty and power"
                                -Jake TenPas OSU Daily Barometer