Re: Muting Repeater & Echoplex Simultaneously

yes.  you use program change messages to toggle mute/unmute of
either individual tracks (1-4) or track pairs (1&2, 3&4).  i
believe you can use midi CCs to mute the echoplex, but i don't
have one.

check the electrix site www.electrixpro.com for the updated
manual
http://www.electrixpro.com/files/pdf/manual_repeater_E.pdf it
has all of the midi pc/cc messages outlined at the end in the
reference section.

the behringer will let you send up to 5 program changes and 2 cc
messages with one button press.  the only drawback is that the
midi channels for all of the 5 program changes are set globally,
so you could have pc 1 send on channel 1, pc 2 send on channel
2, etc, or any number of them send on the same channel.

if you wanted to mute/unmute all four tracks on the repeater,
you'd need to send two program changes (pc 25 for 1&2, pc 26 for
3&4).  and then send the CC to the edp.  if the edp uses the
same CC value for mute/unmute toggling, you only need to program
one switch to mute/unmute all.  hit it once to mute, hit it
again to unmute.  that would be slick.

if the edp does not use the same CC for mute/unmute toggle,
you'd need to program two different switch presets on the
behringer, one for mute all, one for unmute all.  the repeater
portion of these presets would be the same for both, the edp CC
would be different.

hope this helps,

mike