Sending Sysx from a Foot Controller

I quoted Kim from the post about sysx to Mario at Axess and asked whether
his new pedal will send sysx--here's what he said in an email to me:

\The ONLY footcontroller manufactured recently that allows the transmission
of user
defined Sysex messages is the Rocktron All Access. The All Access used to
sell
\for $700us (it is currently not in production). Though the All Access is a
powerful
\footcontroller, a lot of people find it difficult to use in a live
situation because the
\switches are very close together compared to other footcontrollers like
the
Bradshaw
\RS-10 (which doesn't transmit Sysex messages).

\So, I really think that if someone is designing a piece of MIDI gear and
using Sysex
\messages for real-time control is limiting the compatibility of their
product. So, adding
\a feature to our footcontroller that will only work with one piece of
gear,
and make the
\footcontroller more difficult to use and slightly more expensive isn't
going to be a priority.

\Finally, the observation clearly states that;

\"2nd way is using the new presets feature with a different setting in each
\one, then use midi program change commands to change it on the fly."

\which we've got covered, so custom Sysex messages aren't really a
priority.
FYI, if
\Custom Sysex messages were really necessary, there are custom solutions
available
\that only the people really needing this would/could pay for.

So it seems it costs too much to build a full featured pedal based on how
many people will buy it--sound familiar?
Gary