little OT: TC 2290 or D-Two?

Hi all,

here's the question: is there someone who has/had the possibility to
compare the TC 2290 and the D-Two?
I need a "serious" delay unit, doesn't matter about loop facilities,
MIDI clock and so on, as i have other stuff for that. Just pure
delay. I think TC Electronic is the only one, so i'm not going to
check out Line6 or similars.
So, should i spend all that money for a 2290 or can i put my hands on
a cheaper D-Two without worrying about the quality?
I'd like to have some opinions by people who have an idea of both of
these processors.

Many thanks in advance

Doei
Faisal