Re: Loopstock Update 02-13-02

snip from Andre:

>I appreciate the votes of confidence from folks.  As I mentioned to Hans
>and Rick, the main issue for me is to make sure that everyone who's been
>planning on playing for a long time is well-accommodated.  ESPECIALLY
>since there are folks coming in from out of state/country for the thing.

hey y'all,

Andre's thoughts on this event seem right on the money.  I DO think
that underestimating setup times is very silly.  OVERESTIMATE.  what
can go wrong, will go wrong, and more.

Other than that...i'm pretty neutral about the whole thing.  If Andre
wants to play, cool, ok.  If he wants to bow to allow for more
breathing room, then don't knock a gift horse in the mouth... i can
see a good deal of potential confusion happening with this event.

Cliff and I are discussing an independent setup, where we could
monitor soundcheck offline via headphones, then just turn our amps on
and go...

our gear should look like such:

rich: pedalboard + midi controller > pod > mixer > jammie + repeater +
FQueen
and AMP/or out to PA
cliff: pedalboard to edp/repeater/m1 in rack (and i think he's got a
couple of hampsters chugging away on a wheel too, but i can't swear
to it)
out to AMP/or out to PA

plus we've got a stereo backing track via portable CD player.  we may
run this through our mixer/amps if the PA situatioin gets too crowded
and we need to setup independently

concerns:

just the length of 8-10 hours... is there places to sit, lie down,
walk around, get some fresh air, go to the restroom, get something to
eat, etc, etc?

looking forward to seeing you all!

rich