Re: contact microphones - how?

> Please be merciful to critters in all cases.

I just want to make it clear that I love my cat and would NEVER do anything
harmful to her or any other critters. It was just brought up as an example.
:)

> I wonder if you could adapt a mic with a stethoscope for internal body
> sounds.

I've actually thought of that. I was thinking how I could channel the
output
to something I could record, not to lose any of the sensitivity a
stethoscope can offer.

Here's a great link I found on "how to" build a contact mic. I'm using it
with a mini-disc recorder, so I had to change the 1/4" phone jack to a 1/8"
stereo phone plug. Hopefully it will work when I put it all together.

http://www.silcom.com/~planet5/erinys/contactmic.html

Someone else also suggested that I try something similar (with not as much
work). Cut an RCA cable in half and strip the inside wires (2). Then solder
the wires to the Piezo disc (or attach the 2 wires already connected to the
Piezo disc). From there it's a simple RCA to stereo 1/4" (or 1/8") adapter
away from connecting into any sort of recording device. I haven't tried
this
option yet but sounds like it could work.

Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it.

eileen