Re: Ambient guitar ... was Cadence Magazine .....

RE: Ambient guitar ... was Cadence Magazine .....Phew.  I'm glad I'm not
the
only one.  Even picked his amp setup with ever seeing him :-)  If Nels
Cline
is a bass player, he's on a couple of the tracks on the CD I've got.  Makes
the track a *bit* better but still not worthy.
And thanks peoples for some of the ambient guitar recommendations, I'll
check em out.
Ritchie
¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
http://ninja.at/play
¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Well I've got one CD of Loren Mazzacane Connors (In Twilight) and it didn't
really do much for me personally.   . . .  improvised but not in an amazing
way.  No looping was
involved and I even thought his guitar sound was mediocre.  Sounds like a
combo with the distortion on with the reverb cranked up playing random
notes.
** this pretty much sums up my take on a live gig i saw of him in duo with
nels cline. i didn't really care one way or the other about the lack of
looping, but having a fender amp's 'verb up to 10 and playing without any
discernable direction taxed my attention. as you say, some people seem to
be
quite taken with him, but i didn't hear anything to make me feel that way.
stig