Re: Expectations, artifice, and a hell of a can of worms

> 2: musicians are much more critical of process than non-musician
audiences. some want to moralize the  process, and when you put your
intellect and heart into this, it sucks to hear that.

It's really amusing when someone compliments you on your tone, technique,
content etc. Then takes a look at your gear and says you need a tube amp,
and to get rid of all the rack stuff to clear up your sound... (I've been
mostly direct inject into a rack/mixer/power amp affair into full-range
speakers for years... I just recently returned to a simple pedalboard/amp
setup out of laziness.)

I'm kinda with DT and Frank Gerace on this... I like a performance to be
taken at face value. I don't like to talk about the tech stuff until maybe
after the set. At that point, they may be sorry they asked! 8-)

Best,
-Miko