Looper's Poll--Live or Memorex? (also gig spam)

Well, here's a chance to cast your vote on the subject--
I got this gig, see, at a local beer/wine pub, seats maybe twenty people if
they love each other, on the basis of an audition I did with acoustic
guitar
and vocal augmented by laptop with sequences.  Virtually no looping, just
for a solo on one song and an outro on another. although I did a couple of
songs with just guitar, vocal and harmonica solo.  Then a couple of nights
ago I discover the display on my laptop has become too dim to see, so it
must go back to Hewlett Packard for a week (dude, I shoulda bought a Dell).
Should I drag the desktop (with its horrible CRT glare) to the gig or try
do it with my EDP?
A mitigating factor is that I invited the talented Mr. Harvey Starr to sit
in on Ztar and he says he's probably gonna do it with me.  Don't you think
should bite the bullet and do the live thing?  What are they gonna do, FIRE
ME????
Please cast your vote, if you have one, to the list, as someone named
Chooky
sent some viral screen saver thing I narrowly avoided, and I have been more
careful about opening my mail.
BTW, the name of the Place is Henifin's Pub, located at 13314-16 Poway Rd.,
Poway, CA  92064, telephone (858) 486-0764, the date is New Year's Eve, I
start at 9 PM and they have a free buffet that starts around 7 and EVERYONE
WHO SHOWS UP IN A LOOPER'S DELIGHT T-SHIRT gets a free beer.  One beer for
everybody.  My final offer.  Unless you wanna sit in, and then you gotta
bring your instrument.
Gary