Re: the perils of live looping (addition question)

What an interesting and enlightening thread.  Andre, are you always
dropping
pearls of wisdom?
I've got to chime in and second the thoughts on a performer being able to
lead the audience, provided the performer knows how to do it...i.e. comes
across with enough confidence and chutzpah to make the audience want to be
led along. This is regardless of style, technique or chops.  A big part of
of gig is "smoke and mirrors".
I am lucky enough to do a good number of live, solo loop shows, and one
thing I tend to practice is ways to engage, and ways to turn a mediocre
loop
into something interesting.  Not practicing tunes, but just improvising
loops, good and bad, and taking them as far as I can, as if it were a
performance.  This has saved my butt more than a few times. It also works
as
a good practice for the foot-switch ballet we all seem so susceptible to.
Max