Re: S/PDIF- MOTU- Repeater question

hi Cliff

if you're 100% sure about the correct clocking of the 2 units (one master,
the other slave. the MOTU can be set via its PCI324 panel. dunno about the
Repeater) then contact MOTU for some clarification.
a few MOTU users have had problems with 2408 SPDIF. I had to replace my
2408 mkII for exactly that problem. the unit was unable to sync digitally
to most of the devices in my studio, when the older model I owned (2408)
worked perfectly.
BTW, their support and tech help was great and they were able to solve the
problem in just a few working days.
hope this helps
ciao
leo

At 23.03 24/12/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all-
>
>Just got a Repeater and the best OD pedal ever- the new Tech 21 Tri-AC-
>I'm a happy man. Right off the bat I can say I will not be selling my EDP
>as a result of buying a Repeater- I can see they really are different
>animals and are currently becoming aquainted in my 3 space rack. :)
>Having
>the EDP in front of the Repeater is very cool- esp with everything synced
>up midi from a Korg ES-1-
>
>My question is in regards to my MOTU 2408 and the Repeater- I can't get
>the S/PDIF to work- an I am wondering if the MOTU will only handle 24bit
>signals on a PC? But then- it doesen't work in stand alone mode either so
>that is probably not it-
>
>I have set the clock to the S/PDIF and all I get is noise- the noise
>changes when I start/stop the repeater-
>
>If I route the digital signal from the Repeater to my TC M-One and then
>into the 2408 it works fine-
>
>Any suggestions/ideas appreciated-
>
>Happy holidays-
>
>One-Happy-Looper,
>
>Cliff

www.groundloops.com

c o o l . s o u n d s  &  s a m p l e . c d s
f r e e . s a m p l e s . a r c h i v e