Re: the perils of live looping (addition question)

snip
> -- What TYPE of music were you playing?  Ambient
> soundscapes?
> -- One reason I personally have been trying tooth
> and nail to steer away
> from effects-laden, ambient-styled loop work is
> because I've found that
> it hard to capture and hold a live audience with
> that approach.

good point. I was in the "noise sculpture" mode. i.e.
agressive, textural, "soundscapes". not alot (or
really any) of lead melody for listeners to grab on
to.
I suppose i could have said - please don't watch me -
go about your business! : )

perhaps I'll try a somewhat more traditional songlike
piece next time.

thanks for the input.