Request: Purchasing roland mc-303 <$200.

DEAR LOOPING LIST:
       I am new to the sequencer box arena (ie. roland 3030,505,etc) and I
do not have any hardware for this purpose. I do have many software programs
for the above backing tracks work.

I have located a new condition ROLAND MC-303 groovebox in upstate NY for
less than $200.00 I see them in Musician's friend for $499. Is that a good
deal, less than 200., to get started with seq hardware, or should I look
for
other devices that would serve my purposes better.
Just looking for a start up unit to build some tracks with synths and
tapping/string instrument music. I'm on a learning curve and thought it
looked reasonable.

If you could suggest some links or sites to learn about the boxes, I would
appreciate the help.
THANKS
Pete Francz