Re: Slightly OT: Sustainiac Model B and Chapman Stick

Well, it kinda is on topic for looping, I think, since it adds wonderful
texture to Stick/loop playing.  I have a Model B on my Stick and it works
fairly well.

You will have to experiment on location because there is no one best place
for it.  Of course trying different locations is difficult because you will
need to hold it or clamp it in place to get the best effect.  It seemed to
work best for me on back of the head stock but I did not want a wire
hanging
from there.  I tried it in various places on the neck but did not want it
were my hands would run into it.  And if it is too close to the pickups it
will just make the most awful squeal you've ever heard.  So I settled on a
spot just above the belt hook.  There are a few dead spots where some notes
will not sustain but for the most part it works.

I did not want to permanently mount the big magnet so I cut out an 1/8 inch
thick steel plate and mounted that with strong adhesive tape.  This may not
be the best solution because, even though the Model B magnet clings to the
steel plate it will fall off if knocked too hard.  I do not worry about
this
since I play sitting and do not perform in public.

-Allan