Re: Re:'nother Newbie question

Louis wrote:

>  Lexicon Vortex
> I been using this one as a post processor for my loops only. First the
> Jamman & now the EDP. Thinking of something else. What do folks think of
the
> TC FireworX? Can you do "morh" patching on that via an expression petal.
> cheers
> LOU
I am using a Fireworx as one of the effects I have in the aux sends.
It has become the one I use the most to effect loops.
The morphing feature you are writing about has nothing to do with the ones
of the Vortex.
Fireworx has an "Alpha dial", which is a pot on the panel you can link to
any parameter you wish.
Think it as a continous control that you can link to one or more values.
The intelligent thing is that this Alpha dial has a led bar on the panel,
so
you can always know where you are.
You can link the Alpha dial or just the led bar to a midi continous
controller or to a footpedal.
Sure you can also link it to a sort of balance (control the inputs of two
different effect blocks) between two different paths.
The Vortex has a more "interactive" way to make this, I think I remember.
Anyway, Fireworx is really a great destroying  machine, but forget its
reverbs.....
ciao,
Luca

www.unguitar.com