Re: CV OT Test Department

Title: Re: CV OT Test Department
At 2:39 PM -0800 12/14/01, rich wrote:

do you really think Mark Pauline could give a rats ass about robot wars, or that reality tv "junkyard" thing?

No.

i had the privelege of seeing an SRL show first hand in San Francisco about '89.  Definitely one of the most intense experiences of that period of my life.  having entrails spit at you from a tree shredder is quite something...

My first SRL experience was "Live TV Coverage of a Short Excursion Into The Bottomless Pit of Everlasting Fire In June 1981.
<http://www.srl.org/shows/archive/cadillac/livetv.html>

I also attended "A Cruel and Relentless Plot to Pervert the Flesh of Beasts to Unholy Uses"  http://www.srl.org/shows/archive/cruelplot/cruelplot.html and a few others, but haven't seen anything since the mid-80s.

they scare me more because they seem to be venting outwards more, whereas SRL seemed to vent the violence inwards.  they invited the audience to observe, and took no responibility if a wayward fragment hurt someone, but there seemed to be no anger or violence TOWARDS the audience.

Some of the events I saw in the early '80s had some pretty in-your-face acts. Monte Cazzaza had a pneumatic cannon that shot fluorescent tubes and he enjoy firing them up onto the freeway overpass. There were also some pretty aggressive flame throwers and a machine that pulverized blocks of concrete and sent showers out across the audience.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com