Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V01 #715

> Subject: Re:Newbie question; Amp Simulators
>
>    Hello,
>    Another newbie question; is there an amp simulator out
>    there that is head and shoulders above the rest; or are
>    they all pretty much in the same league? I'd be using
>    it a live looping situation as my primary guitar noise
>    generator. I'm looking at the Pod(or Pod Pro haven't
>    decided), the Johnson J-Station, and doesn't Behringer
>    make one now?
>    Thanks again.
>    Chris Olden

They are all the same and IMO they all suck big time. There is not one
single really useable guitar tone to be found in a Pod and, for that
matter, in any of the Line 6 stuff I've tried. there might be handy
aplications in the studio but not for serious stuff. I happened to see a
demo of a H&K Centera amp the other week and that big, heavy and expensive
piece of gear in fact does sound reasonably good. But for live playing I'd
always recommend one (or two for stereo) decent small to midsize (tube)
amps plus a blend of your favorite toys to go with it.

andreas