RE: sequencer software

> I am doing some work with complex rhythm permutations and I'm looking for
> the perfect software to help me compose large numbers of MIDI files.  I
have
> been experimenting with different MIDI drum sequencers with some
> disappointing results.  The best software I found seems to be a something
> called KeyKit.  It is a graphical programming language that allows you to
> create custom consoles for unique MIDI applications.  But the program
seems
> to be a bit unstable and requires quite a bit of knowledge of its own
> programming language to debug.

If you're talking about the Mac version of KeyKit, I can't help much,
but if you're talking about the PC (Windows) version, I can probably
help solve any stability problems you're seeing.  Send me email with
details of the problems you're having.

The Kboom tool in KeyKit is very close to what you're describing.
I can help modify it for some of the things you mentioned
(e.g. it has menu items for 'every other beat' and some other
patterns, and I can show you how to extend it in that area).

Keykit doesn't do notation, though, only piano-roll
and matrix-like things.

    ...Tim...