Re: VERY interesting article!!!

>Overall a pretty cool idea.  But I hope it doesn't leave poor teenage kids
>and their garage bands out in the cold.

nah...some teenage kids may start doing some really whacked stuff in
their garages with hacked together pieces of the digital refuse we
are continually creating...

i'm sure there are plenty of us here that remember when 808's and
303's could be bought for nearly nothing at some downtown pawn
shop...because they were considered 'old' and useless...

and look what the liberal repurposing of those turned into?

the oversaturation and hypermarketing of musical intruments/recording
gear that is happening at the moment bothers me very much (as i've
said too many times before), but i must admit...it does put a twinkle
in my eye thinking about how much cool stuff will be available a few
years from now...considered old and useless and waiting for my grubby
little hands.

rich