re: ALESIS AIR FX

<<<<snip>>>>
From: "Rick Walker (loop.pool)" <GLOBAL@cruzio.com>
Thanks for the tip, Michael.........the unit looks really cool
and I know what you mean about the visuals.   I just bought
myself a Yamaha WX5 wind synth for precisely that reason:
people are for more fascinated to see you controlling
sample/synth sounds with it than if you trigger it with
keyboards (not to mention that is has more midi continuous
control than keyboards do with embochoure (sp?), tongueing,
breath and bending/slurring keys).
<<<<snip>>>>

Excuse me for butting in here, but do you mean to tell me that
you can use this thing as a sort of breath controller for, say,
a flute sound?  And if so, which are you referring to - the Air
FX, or the Yamaha WX5 (I've nver heard of the WX5)?  I just
thought that the Air FX was a sort of modern day Theramin, but
I haven't really looked into it very closely.

I have to admit, that I'm put off by the DJ oriented (and
sub-professional) RCA connectors

Is RCA the only I/O provided?  If not, what other connections
does it have?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Blessed be,
:-)Michael