RE: Discrete/Ambient/SoundScape/Whatever

eno's famous story of coming up with ambient music involved something
like this. if i remember right, he was in the hospital (from a car
accident i think it was) and someone set the record player volume too
low, and he couldnt get out of bed to raise it, and ended up barely
hearing the music mixed in with the environmental sounds around him.
thus he ended up with the idea for music that would "support multiple
levels of attention", or something like that.

-jb

--

-----

Jeff Blanding

jeff@modaldub.net

-----

"Or take free enterprise, a term that refers, in practice, to a
system of public subsidy and private profit, with massive government
intervention in the economy to maintain a welfare state for the
rich." - Noam Chomsky