Re: KC; Lawson's Missive and Originality...

> >The subject of originality sometimes seems so completely focused on
creating, seemingly from scratch with no references to other people's work,
etc. The folk tradition otoh, focuses on taking given forms and breathing
new life into them.

> Thanks for these thoughts, Miko.  I would venture to say (could be wrong)
that we are all folk musicians in a loopy sense.  hasn't a lot of what we
do
been done before?  why are we still fascinated with it as a methodology and
technique?  possibly because it's a portal through which we can express
'ourselves'?

For me, it's a strange combination of laziness (improv auto-accompaniment),
and serendipity... the search for the happy accident. I rarely use my
looper
to study or practice song segments or build repeatable compositions. Maybe
should?

Best,
-Miko