re:Looping gear advice

  Hello,
  I'd like to work some looping gear into my current
  set-up with the goals of keeping myself entertained
  and eventually(hopefully) maybe doing a little gigging
  around town.
  I have been looking at the Oberheim Digital Echoplex
  for a while, but now I see that Electrix has a cool
  little box out for loopers. Any thoughts on the pros
  and cons of these two units?
  What about effects units(rackmount)? What's out there
  that's not an arm and a leg.(a'la a top of the line
  Eventide)
  Thanks in advance.
  Sincerely,
  Chris Olden