Re: kingcrimson in sf-no loop content...

At 2:08 PM -0500 11/16/01, Louis Rossi wrote:
>While Mr. Fripp’s gear is quite impressive along with his technique
>I think his looping is pretty uninteresting & has not really
>developed much in the past 20 yrs. It is amazing what people can do
>w/ just ONE DDL line with a post processor. Frisell & Torn have
>certainly proved that….

sad, but true.  My mind wanders during Fripp's gigs these days, I have
to say I've heard it all before.

I feel also that he has exhausted many of the really good
"chord" choices and is going through less interesting "chords"
(there is definitely a "chordal" feel at any instant to his
soundscapes.)

        /t