RE: Survey: Ideal looping/live FX software situation for Mac ?

I work live almost exclusively with a TiBook and Reaktor 3. I'm not 100%
confident with the stability of version 3 (2.3 seemed more solid), but no
major glitches in front of an audience yet. Native is supposed to have a
Mac
patch available soon to correct a couple of problems.

Personally, I chose
Reaktor over Max/MSP because of its friendly
interface...speaking from the point of view of someone who doesn't do any
programming. Now that I've got my feet wet in Reaktor, I probably would
have
a tougher time deciding which program to go for, if I was to do it all over
again. In the end, I really think you'll be happy with either choice.

The
larger issue is the audio interface...I went with the MOTU 828 and love
it. The sound quality is astounding. Another more portable option is the
Digigram VXPocket...a favorite of many live Powerbook artists.

Best,
Jamie.

Jamie Drouin
Visual Designer
Electrix/IVL Technologies Ltd
6710 Bertram Place, Victoria, BC, V8M 1Z6 Canada

email... jamie@electrixpro.com  fax... 250-544-4102  voice... 250-544-4114