Re: Suddenly realizes there's hardware designers here ...

>On Saturday, November 10, 2001, at 06:05 AM, Hedewa7@aol.com wrote:
>>also: recently, i saw (?in a magazine?) a guitarist who had embedded a
>kaoss
>>pad into his instrument.
>>
>When I bought the KAOSS pad, it was my intention to somehow mount it
>on my Steinberger.  I had purchased it sight  unseen, because a
>trusted friend had used it and recommended it highly.  Boy was I
>wrong.  That sucker's pretty big.  Seems like it would take a lot of
>mutilation to get it into your guitar.  I also found it better to
>effect loops, than the output of my guitar.  Same holds true of the
>Air FX.  It still would be cool if it could be mounted to my
>instrument, but that would mean running audio cables back and forth
>to my guitar, in addition to what's coming out of the Roland GK-2A.
>A little excessive, I think.  So, for now, the Air FX sits close bye
>on it's mic mount, and the KAOSS pad belongs to my wife.  I've had
>worse things happen to me.
>
>Mark Sottilaro

I think the idea for all such constructions is to include just the
controller into the instrument. By this you solve all problems:
- size/weight
- supply
- aditional audio cables (just needs control voltages)
But someone must find out how to take the machine apart (just wait,
Cliff is going to send me a airFX ;-)
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org