Re: music - ethnic, Isreal/Hebrew/?

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Peter Prisekin aka Dusty Chalk wrote:

> Someone once asked a question a long time ago about finding some cool
> world-techno-type music, a little bit experimental, with a definite
> Hebrew(?) influence on it.  I think I found it.  Go to AMG
> (http://www.allmusic.com/), and search on "Forgiveness" (appears to
> be both album title and group title there).  Last track is a long
> synthy loop-based production.  Blissful.

The album I thought of when reading this is Wally Brill's _The Covenant_,
sampling cantors from the early 20th century off of old 78rpm vinyl and
looping their words and electronic instrumentation over the vocals.

regards,
Steve
Steve Burnett    Admin, webslingerZ     sburnett@webslingerz.com
             http://www.webslingerz.com/sburnett/