Re: hive mind music (Was Re: Using Phrazer live - pros & cons?)

those using windows might want to investigate directmusic.
it's part of directx now and allows the composition of music
that responds to programmable input's.
it is mostly implemented with midi and used for games,
but it's possible uses are far greater and it can do synthesis
and sampled audio as well...

it is based on the superjam technology that microsoft acquired
from blue ribbon sound works (anybody remember them?)

this is yet another thing that i have been meaning to get into,
but haven't had the time...