Re: Using Phrazer live - pros & cons?

> Well, what would be the pro's and cons as you see it?

pro - i don't have to shut down my band when gil travels.
          would possibly move the band towards a more electronic sound;
change is good

con - lack of dynamic,
          lack of natural ebb & flow in improvisational music
          stability (is it gonna crash?)

> What are your requirements?

intuitive interactivity. we play a very stream-of-conciousness kind of
improvisational thing; i don't want to have to become dj bobdog, but i
would like to be able to shape the movement of a tune by activating
different tracks as the mood calls for it. kinda like being able to do
variations on a theme each time a specific set of tracks is used. we
definitely do not want to play the exact same thing every time we load a

set of tracks (or a "song" if you will)

> Are you asking about the useability
> of this program specifically?

yes i'm looking for reviews/opinions of phrazer as a live tool, but i'm
also interested in reading folks' opinions of using sonic foundry acid
live since phrazer seems to based heavily on acid.

thanks for any input!

bobdog