Advice for MIDI interface

Hey Fellow Loopers....
I was hoping to elicit some advice from those a little more knowledgable
and/or experienced on the list....
I am looking for a MIDI interface for my PC recording.  I am using a
M-Audio
Delta series soundcard and breakout box with Vegas and/or Logic ...but
what
I would like to do is get a MIDI interface so I can record a track, with a
loop from my JamMan, and the add a serperate track(s) with still another
loop and keep it sync'd via MIDI clock from Vegas.  This would allow me to
create multiple textures via the loops, rather than stuff a loop full of
stuff, and then OD on it,real-time, in Vegas....
MidiMan makes a few of these kinds of devices: Midisport, which is both
1x1
or 2x2 (or even 8x8, but that is way too much MIDI for my limited
application). It connects to the PC via USB. I was wonderin' about the
efficiency and latency of the USB.  Any thoughts?  The JamMAn itself has
some MIDI latency issues, and I have steered clear of USB, until now,
because of those very same issues.
MidiMan also makes the Portman which, I believe, is the same thing, but
hooked up via series/parallel ports on the computer.
Anybody use these, or similar devices...or even have some other concept
for
syncing multiple JamMan loop'd tracks?
Thanks in advance.....Max