Hello my name is Kid Lucky I am new to Loopers Delight

Hi my name is Kid Lucky I am a vocalist and I do a lot of a cappella. I have worked with Tom Ritchford on Volectrix which was all voice hooked up to loopers and other electronic effects. Tom opened me up although I had sed electronics on my vocals before to a new way of using electronica in acappella.  we had a falling out for a while bt we still talk and we plan to get together soon for a volectrix reunion. but he introdced me to soma amazing cats like David Linton and Christina Wheeler and all of Unity Gain. After that I changed my style of play and began buying some gear. First I purchased a line sixx delay modulator and then a digitech 2000 and a mixer. With a new viion I have started pushing a cappella into a new era of electronica. Michael Winslow is another a cappella artist that has pushed it as well - voice and electronics.  I love the Line six, but I love the head rush better (Tom Can I buy yours?) Anyway I have a show coming up that my crew The Young Vant Garde is hosting at the Nuyoricans Poet cafe. The info is after this little introduction.  I hope anyone in The New York area on this list will come by and check it out. I am new to this list but love the discussions already. I look forward to hearing others play. I also would like to hook up with other loopers and and link up for performances and recordings. Also any vocalists out there who wold like to hook up please e-mail me anytime at kid_lucky@hotmail.com  Peace,

Kid Lucky

Sunday, November 4

The Young Vant Garde proudly present:

Underground Hip-Hop Experiments

featuring
Kid Lucky's Urban A cappella (trip hop, drum and bass, hip hop, spoken noise )

Kid Lucky leads this all vocal ensmble that utilizes heavily layered vocal bass and vocal sound effects with hard hitting vocal percussion. Laced with hard edgy lyrics/vocals from BET's 4 time battle mc champion Mahogany Jones and Ricanstruction's voice of freedom, Not4prophet and the amazing spoken word artists Paul Skiff and Yamini Nayar this a show not to be missed.
KID LUCKY - beat box / vocals/spoken word
MAHOGANY JONES - MC/beatboxing Not4prophet - lyrics Paul Skiff - spoken word Yamini Nayar - spoken word

Other acts include Brother Earl - "Sophisticated Mondays" poetry slam winner

And Melted - live electronic drum&bass meets hip hop.

Show time begins at 8:00pm sharp 7:30 doors open

And

Open mic from 10:30pm - 12:00am

joints & jams spun by
DJ Synapse

Hosted by percussionist/Music historian David Pleasant

Admission $10.00

the Nuyorican Poets Cafe
236 East Third Street
(between B & C Ave.)