Re: expert modified the A/D signal chain

> andreas said
>
> >I had both my G-Force and the EDP modified in the A/D
> >signal chain by an expert tech last year and they are much better now,
> >clearer sounding and better dynamics for shure. He didn't promote this
> >me, only offered this after I kept complaining.
>
> I think we talked about this privately, but you did not mention who
> did that and how.
> It seems like magic or cheating: How can anyone simply improve such
> elaborated stuff? For the EDP I could explain it with my own
> stupidity, but t.c. high end units??
>
> >...he worked on the analog side of the
> >signal path both on the input and output. He has a copyright on this
>(you
> >can buy it here as a pretty expensive stand alone, the 'Effects
> Legalizer')
>
> Is that on the net somewhere? What copyright... a patent? So its public?
> Can you describe what the improvement sounds like?

Matthias,

I just talked to the man about this and he mentioned that this is a new
development (not his older somewhat similar product) and he is still in
the
process of obtaining a patent for it, so we need to use a little
discretion
at this point. I will get you more info on him by seperate mail.

Ever since I started using digital rack effects I used a line mixer with
them to preserve the tonal quality of my original signal. I was adding the
effect signal of my delays, reverb etc. to the original dry/direct signal
to keep loss of headroom, dynamics etc. to a minimum. The only effect I
could rely on preserving my tone used to be the tc 2290, I went directly
through it to add panning effetcs to the original as well as to the delay.

I must really say that tc, while still heavily promoting their high-end
reputation, has made the sound quality of the G-force less prestine than
that of the old 2290 (maybe for production cost reasons?). After repeated
complaints to my technician about this he told me: in your guitar amps
effect loop, try plugging in your effects device in bypass mode  and
compare this to the sound that you get when you bridge the loop with a
single patchchord. I did notice a difference, and with the mod he
performed
to my g-force and the EDP, that difference is gone.

Funny enaugh, the standard op amps in effect pedals (Digitech, Boss etc.)
do not seem to be so bad. When I put a Boss pedal between guitar and amp,
I'll notice a change, but it sounds rather different than worse. Go
figure....

andreas