Performance recorder

Hello loopers-

I am considering buying a device to record my (looping) performances.
It should be rack mountable, and able to record up to four hours at a
stretch.  DAT seems like a good option, although a tape change would be
necessary at some point (not good).  It seems like the ideal thing would
be a 2-channel hard disk recorder.  That way, I could just cable it up
to the computer at home after the gig and save the step of having to
play it back to put it onto CD.  I don't recall ever seeing anything
like this, however.  Is there anything like this available in the
under-$500 price range?

Thanks,

-Hans