RE: Anyone have experience with the TASCAM USB-428?

>>With a one rack space firewire device, I can hot swap between my
>>mac, pc, and a possible future laptop without it ever leaving my
>>portable rack kit.
>
>Yes!  so, come on, Music Industry -- give it to us!
>
>MOTU, where are you?

would not a two space rack work?  one space for a Motu 808, and a
second with a rackmount multi-midi port unit.  audio on firewire and
midi on usb.  all of this exists right now, no?

one of the problems that seems to be discussed quite a bit (from what
i've seen...i'm a 828 user) is that the 828 steals quite a bit of
firewire bandwidth and getting it to play nice with external firewire
hard drives is a little tricky.

rich